The summer sun is inevitable, as is the heat that comes along with it. The ultraviolet heat and overcharging can pose as a threat to your Lexus, especially your battery. Battery fluid evaporates when the temps rise, which in turn, causes damage to the battery’s internal structure.
From excessive summer heat to electric components, such as the A/C and entertainment systems, the battery is put through a constant drain. Here are some simple measures and precautions you can take to get the most life out of your battery, while keeping your Lexus running at optimum performance.
- Keep It Clean: Keep your battery terminals and components clean and free from corrosion and dirt, which can drain the battery power. Have your independent Lexus service center inspect this, and the cables for bulges and cracks.
- Keep It Hydrated: This means to make sure the battery fluid is at the proper level, and to top it off with distilled water if necessary.
- Keep It Cool: Try keeping your Lexus as cool as possible by parking in a garage, under a canopy or under a tree. Use window covers to block out the sun’s rays and protect against heat build-up inside your vehicle.
- Keep Up With Maintenance: Perhaps the most important thing you can do for your Lexus is to keep it on a regular routine of scheduled maintenance. Looking for an expert, independent Lexus repair specialist... find one here!
- Keep It Charged: Maintain the charging and electrical system so the battery is performing at the correct rate. Have this professionally checked by your local Lexus mechanic every 3 – 6 months.
Don’t let the high temperatures of summer damage your vehicle’s battery! Your local Lexus repair expert can inspect the battery in your Lexus and tell you more about how to care for it. Find one in your area today!